COVID-19 Trends – Southern United States Hotels
- Posted by Cori Uddenberg
- On May 13, 2020
Recommendations and analysis updated June 22, 2020.
Regional Updates: Stay-At-Home/Shelter-In-Place Orders
- New coronavirus hotspots have been identified across the South.
- Experts predict a second wave in Dallas, Houston, Alabama, and parts of Florida.
- Some of the new coronavirus cases in the South are linked to beach gatherings.
- PEW predicts that the South will see some of the deepest lasting impacts when compared to other regions.
- Follow The New York Times to track each state’s reopening status.
- Read NPR’s round-up of the stay at home status for the South by state.
Google Trends for Top Terms in the Southern United States
Paid Media Trends – CPCs for Travel Terms for the Southern United States
- CPCs for Google Ads are as low as they have been in recent memory.
- The average CPC in the U.S. for travel is $1.66, but it varies by state.
- Texas’s all-industry CPC is $3.18, the highest in the nation. Other southern states ring in right around $2.50. The Mid-South, like Arkansas, has some of the lowest CPCs in the region.
- Paid media turned off? Still running at a low level? Optimize with our paid media recommendations.
- Consider adapting your strategy to the new needs of COVID-19.
Auction Insights for the Southern United States
- One benefit of continuing to bid in Google Ads is that you’ll unlock Auction Insights.
- We recommend running your Google Ads at even just $1 per day so you can take advantage of these learnings.
- Learn more about how OTAs are responding to COVID-19 paid media trends.
Need insights specific to your hotel or resort?
Did you enjoy the read?
Get original hospitality industry insights delivered to your inbox. Sign up to receive Screen Pilot’s Weekly COVID-19 Resource Center Update.