COVID-19 Trends – West Coast Hotels
- Posted by Cori Uddenberg
- On May 12, 2020
Recommendations and analysis updated June 22, 2020.
Regional Updates: Stay-At-Home/Shelter-In-Place Orders
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom seeking coronavirus relief.
- California movie theaters reopen with limited seating.
- Phase 3 is set to begin in California, though it varies by county. This new phase will give the go-ahead to schools, gyms, and bars.
- Coronavirus cases spiked in Arizona as hospitals prepared for a possible influx of new patients.
- Follow The New York Times to track each state’s reopening status.
Google Trends for Top West Coast Hotels Terms
Paid Media Trends – West Coast CPCs for Travel Terms
- CPCs for Google Ads are as low as they have been in recent memory
- The average CPC in the U.S. for travel is $1.66, up from $0.76 in May. This does vary by state.
- On the West Coast, CPCs for California are just $0.97, while CPCs in Arizona are just $0.53.
- Paid media turned off? Still running at a low level? Optimize with our paid media recommendations.
- Consider adapting your strategy to the new needs of COVID-19.
West Coast Auction Insights
- One benefit of continuing to bid in Google Ads is that you’ll unlock Auction Insights.
- We recommend running your Google Ads at even just $1 per day so you can take advantage of these learnings.
- Learn more about how OTAs are responding to COVID-19 paid media trends.
Need insights specific to your hotel or resort?
Did you enjoy the read?
Get original hospitality industry insights delivered to your inbox. Sign up to receive Screen Pilot’s Weekly COVID-19 Resource Center Update.