Data Warehousing With Google BigQuery
- Posted by Arielle Rubenstein
- On January 9, 2019
Data is everywhere.
As marketers, our goal is to transform seemingly disparate data into useful information to create actionable strategies for our clients. With the sheer amount of data that continues to be generated every second, this is much easier said than done.
Storing data from multiple channels in one central repository, a data warehouse, is a great place to begin fully leveraging data in strategy and decisions.
Benefits of Using a Cloud Data Warehouse
- Quick access to data – Users have instantaneous access to data from multiple sources in one central place. Users can spend more time analyzing the data, rather than spending time retrieving data from various sources.
- Optimized for queries – Data warehouses are designed to store large amounts of data and to quickly query that data.
- Provides historical intelligence – Users have easy access to large amounts of historical data to leverage predictive analytics in order to make more accurate predictions.
- Data integrity – Users cannot store different types of data in the same field, reducing errors within the data.
- Data consistency – Different users have access to the same data, making analysis more uniform.
Benefits of Using Google BigQuery
- Encryption – BigQuery encrypts all data at rest and in transit, ensuring that data is as secure as possible.
- Efficient pricing model – BigQuery is accessible to anyone as part of the Google Cloud Platform Free Tier. The free tier includes up to 10GB of storage each month for free and up to 1TB of query data processed. Any amount over that, users pay a very affordable price for only what they use. $5 per 5TB of query data processed and $.02 per GB of data storage.
- Fully managed – Backend configuration and optimization is handled by Google. This allows users to get started immediately without spending time setting up the architecture.
If you’re interested in learning more about how Google BigQuery could assist in your strategies and tactics for your hotel’s marketing efforts, reach out to the team at Screen Pilot!
Did you enjoy the read?
Get original hospitality industry insights delivered to your inbox. Sign up to receive Screen Pilot’s #TrendingNow Newsletter.