Looking for “virtual activities” during this social distancing period? Here’s our round-up.
- Posted by Rachel Anderson
- On March 27, 2020
Itching to escape your home/office/restaurant/bar/gym combo these days?
Check out a list of to-do’s from the Screen Pilot team below and start experiencing a reprieve now!
Video Call Options:
- Google Hangouts
Our team recommends Quiplash to play in groups – but do yourself a favor and spring for The Jackbox Party Pack! It’s even on sale right now.
Who doesn’t love Catan? Rachel Anderson, our Director of Content Marketing, played earlier this week with some friends and Chromecast from her phone to her television so she could maintain a video chat from the computer with others. It worked great! Pro Tip: invest in a Chromecast option if you haven’t already.
Looks like with QuizWitz you can play up to 6 players. Speaking from experience – our experts here at Screen Pilot say any more than 6 on a game-centered video chat just gets difficult…
Check out some of these other recommendations.
- Heads Up
- Words with Friends
If you’re looking for an option to just play between two people, these options are great! Check out these “10 Free Two-Player Online Games You Can Play in Your Browser“.
- Travel & Leisure’s “Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch (Video)“
- Have kids at home? Check out these Instagram Accounts for fun activities:
- See your favorite hits from Broadway here: NYCGO.com
Projects Around the House:
- Refinish an old piece of furniture
- Declutter your home
- Fix things that you’ve been putting off for a while
- Rearrange your furniture to give your place a facelift
Take Care of Yourself:
- Read a book
- Go for a walk
- Listen to music
- Watch your favorite show/movie
- Make a gratitude list
Non-Virtual Things to Do!
- DIY projects [places like JoAnn’s Fabrics are doing online orders and curbside pickups for special projects]
- Tie-dye shirts (our Director of Finance and Operations is doing this over the weekend!)
- Practice putting/ your golf game
- Play catch with your quarantined family members