COVID-19 Trends – Florida Hotels
- Posted by Cori Uddenberg
- On May 13, 2020
Recommendations and analysis updated June 22, 2020.
Regional Updates: Stay-At-Home/Shelter-In-Place Orders
- Florida entered Phase 2 of their reopening as of June 5, which includes the return of bars and movie theaters in most counties.
- Travel trends in Florida show people are staying closer to home, which is a positive sign for tourism.
- Florida’s COVID-19 cases are still on the rise, though this could be tied to the state’s effort for widespread testing.
- Naples voted to reopen beaches, but with limited hours.
- Gyms have re-opened around Miami.
- It’s too soon to tell whether or not Memorial Day Weekend antics will cause a surge in new coronavirus cases in the state.
- Follow The New York Times to track each state’s reopening status.
Google Trends for Top Terms in Florida
Paid Media Trends – CPCs for Travel Terms for Florida
- CPCs for Google Ads are as low as they have been in recent memory.
- The average CPC in the U.S. for travel is $1.66, though it varies by state.
- Florida’s all-industry CPC is $2.82, close behind the nationwide high of $3.18 in Texas.
- Florida’s travel industry CPC of $0.97 is also higher than many other regions.
- Paid media turned off? Still running at a low level? Optimize with our paid media recommendations.
- Consider adapting your strategy to the new needs of COVID-19.
Auction Insights for Florida
- One benefit of continuing to bid in Google Ads is that you’ll unlock Auction Insights.
- We recommend running your Google Ads at even just $1 per day so you can take advantage of these learnings.
- Learn more about how OTAs are responding to COVID-19 paid media trends.
Need insights specific to your hotel or resort?
Did you enjoy the read?
Get original hospitality industry insights delivered to your inbox. Sign up to receive Screen Pilot’s Weekly COVID-19 Resource Center Update.