COVID-19 Trends – Northeast Hotels
- Posted by Cori Uddenberg
- On May 13, 2020
Recommendations and analysis updated June 22, 2020.
Regional Updates: Stay-At-Home/Shelter-In-Place Orders
- Read up on regional restrictions and re-openings.
- Officials point to quarantine fatigue as local travel rises in Boston.
- Where there’s a will, there’s a way—Boston restaurateurs open new restaurant concepts even as other food & beverage business close.
- Boston’s mayor forecasts a second wave of coronavirus if they’re too quick to reopen.
- As of Monday, June 8, Baltimore entered a “modified Phase 1” reopening.
- Experts say coronavirus is receding in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, but there’s still no way to forecast reopening.
- Social distancing ambassadors will monitor New Jersey beaches.
- New York City is reopening following their strict lockdown. Various industries have been given the go-ahead.
- Get the latest updates on coronavirus in NYC.
- Follow The New York Times to track each state’s reopening status.
- WAMC is also keeping track of coronavirus-related restrictions in the Northeast specifically.
Google Trends for Top Terms in the Northeast
Paid Media Trends – CPCs for Travel Terms for the Northeast
- CPCs for Google Ads are as low as they have been in recent memory.
- The average CPC in the U.S. for travel is $1.66, up from $0.76 in May. CPCs vary by state.
- New York is the highest all-industry CPC in the region at $2.59, but other states are close behind.
- Paid media turned off? Still running at a low level? Optimize with our paid media recommendations.
- Consider adapting your strategy to the new needs of COVID-19.
Auction Insights for the Northeast
- One benefit of continuing to bid in Google Ads is that you’ll unlock Auction Insights.
- We recommend running your Google Ads at even just $1 per day so you can take advantage of these learnings.
- Learn more about how OTAs are responding to COVID-19 paid media trends.
Need insights specific to your hotel or resort?
Did you enjoy the read?
Get original hospitality industry insights delivered to your inbox. Sign up to receive Screen Pilot’s Weekly COVID-19 Resource Center Update.