COVID-19 Trends – Pacific Northwest Hotels
- Posted by Cori Uddenberg
- On May 12, 2020
Recommendations and analysis updated June 22, 2020.
Regional Updates: Stay-At-Home/Shelter-In-Place Orders
- Oregon is seeing an increase in traffic, even after a jump in overall case count.
- As of June 8, Oregon saw its greatest single-day rise in cases of COVID-19.
- Travel Oregon CEO comments on what will remain of the state’s tourism industry.
- State parks re-opened on Oregon’s north coast.
- The Pacific N0rthwest is re-opening recreational areas in its national forests.
- Washington state is requiring masks for workers as of Monday, June 8.
- Restaurants in Washington’s Pierce Country re-open under the state’s Phase 2 plans.
- Washington has a four-stage reopening plan. Some counties are already applying for stage three. Last week, King County (home to Seattle) entered a modified stage one.
- The Seattle Times is encouraging people to “embrace the staycation.”
- Follow The New York Times to track each state’s reopening status.
Google Trends for Top Pacific Northwest Hotels Terms
Paid Media Trends – Pacific Northwest CPCs for Travel Terms
- CPCs for Google Ads are as low as they have been in recent memory.
- The average CPC in the U.S. for travel is $1.66, but it varies by state.
- Washington’s all-industry CPC checks in at $2.11, followed by Oregon at $1.72.
- Paid media turned off? Still running at a low level? Optimize with our paid media recommendations.
- Consider adapting your strategy to the new needs of COVID-19.
Pacific Northwest Auction Insights
- One benefit of continuing to bid in Google Ads is that you’ll unlock Auction Insights.
- We recommend running your Google Ads at even just $1 per day so you can take advantage of these learnings.
- Learn more about how OTAs are responding to COVID-19 paid media trends.
Need insights specific to your hotel or resort?
Did you enjoy the read?
Get original hospitality industry insights delivered to your inbox. Sign up to receive Screen Pilot’s Weekly COVID-19 Resource Center Update.