COVID-19 Recovery Planning: Hospitality Marketing Timeline
- Posted by Tanya Grover
- On March 27, 2020
Though most hoteliers are dreaming of a quick bounce back, the reality is that recovering from COVID-19 will likely happen in phases. This timeline begins with the strategic utilization of brand campaigns and social media advertising and ends with a slow return to normalcy.
Start planning for your recovery phase now. Below is the timeline we’re using at Screen Pilot to develop post-COVID-19 strategies for our clients.
Note: If your hotel both remained open and never paused media, your recovery timeline begins in Phase 2.
Phase 1: Response (this is the phase we’re currently in)
- Turn on brand campaigns.
- Run social advertising at 30% of the normal budget.
Phase 2: Uptick (this is the phase we’ll trigger after 5 days of a positive trend)
- Turn on unbrand campaigns.
- Turn on display advertising.
- Increase social budget.
- By this point, you’ll allocate roughly 50% of your original budget.
Phase 3: Ramp Up to Normalcy
- Closely monitor performance and increase spend accordingly.
- Watch for a steady rise in conversion rates as we drive more users to the site.
- Work with your SEO/content/website team to optimize your landing pages for higher conversion rates.
Phase 4: Return to Normalcy
- Remain up-to-date on your booking windows and top markets to ensure your targeting is effective for prospective guests now, not as you used to know them.
- Lead with your historically best-performing package during this time last year.
- Continue to make users feel safe and secure as there will still be concerns about COVID-19 for a long time to come.
Did you enjoy the read?
Get original hospitality industry insights delivered to your inbox. Sign up to receive Screen Pilot’s #TrendingNow Newsletter.